Sunday 26 April 2009

Sewing machine restoration progress


Sewing machine restoration progress
Today I continued with my restoration on an old Zephyr 1950's sewing machine,(a tip rescue) putting all the parts back nice and clean is the most satisfying part, looking at how dirty these sewing hands are now is not so good when I have to sew all day tomorrow, (can't use gloves)below are a few before and after picture's of my now restored sewing machine, this one has not taken me so long as I have been able to spend 2 whole days due to my back problem making me take a nice sitting down job.
Before
Before

Before

My restoration is now complete

Restoration is not about getting a machine back to its original new condition as that would be impossible, it is after all a very old machine that has seen a lot of ware, mechanically I have take her to bits cleaned every nut, bolt, screw,cleaned her body and case,oiled and greased her and put more life back into her and I now know it will go on to help someone make her crafts as it now sew perfectly, my daughter is going to be very pleased with this one.


After

After


Please check back soon for another restoration job that I am doing




New project

Old Bradbury hand sewing machine one for my collection

I will be restoring this very soon if my crafts let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment